Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the ventilation sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the building services engineering ventilation hygiene technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: Roger.Brown@theBESA.com.
The standard for a building services engineering ventilation hygiene technician was developed by:
- Swiftclean (UK) Ltd
- Independent Air Quality Consultancy Services Ltd
- Hygienic Maintenance Ltd/VSS
- Ductbusters Ltd
- Ductclean UK Ltd
- Clearwater Technology Ltd
- Overclean Ltd
- Ventilation Hygiene (UK) Ltd
- Indepth Hygiene Services Ltd
- Compliance Air and Water
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 8
Funding band maximum: £6,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.