Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the travel sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the travel consultant standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: Angela.Williams@bcdtravel.co.uk.
The standard for a travel consultant was developed by:
- BCD Travel
- Hillgate Travel
- Capita Travel and Events
- Giles Travel
- The Co-operative Travel
- Horncastle Executive Travel Ltd
- Thomas Cook
- Guild of Travel Management Companies (GTMC)
- Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA)
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 9
Funding band maximum: £9,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.