Apprenticeship standard: thermal insulation operative
Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the thermal insulation sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is not yet ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the thermal insulation operative standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for a thermal insulation operative was developed by:
- Western Thermal Ltd
- Severn Insulation Ltd
- JS Miller Contracts Ltd
- Ticon Insulation Ltd
- Hertel Ltd
- Rainham Industrial Services
- Kaefer C&D Ltd
- Cape Insulation Ltd
- Excel Insulation Ltd
- CGB Humbertherm
- Consolidated Insulation Services Ltd
- RDA Insulation Ltd
- SHS Integrated services Ltd
- Lagwell Insulation Company Ltd
- Darroch Insulation Services Ltd
- Thermal Insulation Contractors Association