Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Apprenticeship standard: sports turf operative (approved for delivery)
Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the groundsmanship sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a sports turf operative was developed by:
- The Institute of Groundsmanship
- Bournemouth Borough Council
- Calne Town Council
- Cheltenham Racecourse
- Chippenham Town Council
- Huntingdonshire District Council
- Leeds Cricket Football and Athletics Club
- Merchant Taylors School
- Sports Ground Services
- The Hurlingham Club
- University of Warwick
- Arena Racing Company
- Leicester Grammar School
- Parkwood Holdings Ltd
- Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
- West Warwickshire Sports Club
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 7
Funding band maximum: £5,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.