Apprenticeship standard: senior metrology technician
Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the metrology sector.
PDF, 114KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is not yet ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the senior metrology technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: email@example.com.
The standard for a senior metrology technician was developed by:
- Agusta Westland
- BAE SYSTEMS Submarines
- BSI Group
- Dupont Teijin Polyester Films UK Ltd
- Hexagon Metrology
- Instron - A Division of ITW Ltd
- LGC Group
- London Borough of Havering
- Manufacturing Technology Centre
- National Physical Laboratory
- Reliance Precision Ltd
- Rhopoint Metrology Ltd
- Rolls-Royce Plc
- SGS Emics
- Taylor Hobson Ltd
- Trescal Ltd
- TUV SUD (NEL)
- Waters Corporation
- British Measurement and Testing Association
- Coventry University
- Gauge and Tool Makers Association
- Institute of Measurement and Control
- Institute of Physics
- Manufacturing Technologies Association (MTA)
- Science Council
- University College London
- UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service)