Apprenticeship standard: registered nurse degree apprenticeship (approved for delivery)
Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the nursing sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the registered nurse standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: Healthcare.email@example.com.
The standard for a registered nurse was developed by:
- Addenbrookes Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Barts Health NHS Trust
- Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Central and Northwest London NHS Foundation Trust
- Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- City and Hackney GP Confederation
- City Health Care Partnership CIC
- Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust
- Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Hallmark Care Homes
- Hillingdon Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Nottingham CityCare Partnership Community Interest
- Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- Ramsay UK Healthcare group
- Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- United Lincolnshire Hospital NHS Trust
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Woodlands and Hillbrow Ltd Care Homes
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 15
Funding band maximum: £27,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.