Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the refrigeration air conditioning and heat pump sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a refrigeration air conditioning & heat pump engineering technician was developed by:
- Enigma Environmental Services Ltd
- GEA Refrigeration
- Integral UK Ltd
- Mitsubishi Electric Living Environmental Systems
- Star Refrigeration
- Space Engineering Services
- Carter Synergy
- Adcock Refrigeration and Air conditioning
- Epta Group
- Daikin Airconditioning UK Ltd
- MacWhirter Air Conditioning
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 12
Funding band maximum: £18,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.