Apprenticeship standard: rail engineering operative (approved for delivery)
Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the rail engineering sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the rail engineering operative standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for a rail engineering operative was developed by:
- Alstom Transport UK Limited
- Babcock International Group – Network Engineering
- Carillion plc
- DB Schenker Rail UK Limited
- DEG Signal Ltd
- Eurostar International Ltd
- High Speed Two Limited
- Hitachi Rail Europe Ltd
- Merseyrail Electrics 2002 Limited
- MGB Engineering Ltd
- Network Rail
- Siemens Rail Systems
- Siemens Rail
- Automation Holdings Limited
- Signalling Solutions Ltd
- Stagecoach South Western Trains Limited
- Telent Technology Services Ltd
- Transport for London
- VolkerRail Ltd
- National Skills Academy for Railway Engineering (NSARE)
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 10
Funding band maximum: £12,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.