Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Apprenticeship standard: professional accounting / taxation technician (approved for delivery)
Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the accountancy sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the professional accounting / taxation technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the Trailblazer contacts: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for a professional accounting / taxation technician was developed by:
- Baker Tilly
- Government Finance Profession
- Ernst & Young
- Grant Thornton
- Hall and Woodhouse
- Harvey & Son
- Hazlewoods LLP
- Health Education East of England
- Kingston Smith
- Lentells Chartered Accountants
- London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- NHS Employers
- Solid State Solutions
- Warrington and Halton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 9
Funding band maximum: £9,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.