Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the accountancy sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is not yet ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the accounting and taxation professional standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the Trailblazer contacts: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for a accounting and taxation professional was developed by:
- Baker Tilly
- Government Finance Profession
- Ernst & Young
- Grant Thornton
- Hall and Woodhouse
- Harvey & Son
- Hazlewoods LLP
- Health Education East of England
- Kingston Smith
- Lentells Chartered Accountants
- London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- NHS Employers
- Solid State Solutions
- Warrington and Halton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)