Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Apprenticeship standard: nuclear welding inspection technician (approved for delivery)
Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the nuclear sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the nuclear welding inspection technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: email@example.com.
The standard for a nuclear welding inspection technician was developed by:
- Sellafield Ltd
- Magnox Ltd
- Research Sites Restoration Ltd
- Low Level Waste Repository Ltd
- Westinghouse Springfields Fuels Ltd
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- National Nuclear Laboratory
- Cavendish Nuclear Ltd
- West Cumberland Engineering Ltd
- Morgan Sindall
- Nuvia Ltd
- EDF Energy
- Costain Limited
- National Skills Academy for Nuclear
- Cogent Sector Skills Council
- The Nuclear Institute
- British Institute of Non Destructive Testing
- The Welding Institute
- Radwise Ltd
- Doosan Babcock Ltd
- Hargreaves Ductwork Ltd
- Tata Steel Projects
- Bureau Veritas UK
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 15
Funding band maximum: £27,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.