This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the nuclear technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: email@example.com.
The standard for a nuclear technician was developed by:
- Sellafield Ltd
- National Skills Academy for Nuclear (NSAN)
- EDF Energy
- Nugeneration Limited (NuGen)
- Ultra Electronics Limited
- Jacobs UK Limited
- BAE Systems Marine Limited
- Westinghouse Springfields Fuels Ltd
- The United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA),
- LLW Repository Lt
- EDF Energy
- GEN II Engineering & Technology Training Ltd
- Nuclear Institute (NI)
- Institute of Measurement and Control (InstMC)
- Institute of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 13
Funding band maximum: £21,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.