Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the nuclear sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the nuclear scientist and nuclear engineer standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for a nuclear scientist and nuclear engineer was developed by:
- Sellafield Ltd
- National Skills Academy for Nuclear
- EDF Energy
- Ministry of Defence
- UK Atomic Energy Authority
- Jacobs UK Limited
- BAE Systems Marine Limited
- Ultra Electronics
- Westinghouse Springfields Fuels Ltd
- LLW Repository Ltd
- GEN II Engineering & Technology Training Ltd
- University of Cumbria
- Manchester University
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
- Magnox Ltd
- National Nuclear Laboratory
- Office for Nuclear Regulation
- Nuclear Institute
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Society of Operations Engineers
- Institute of Measurement and Control
- Institution of Chemical Engineers
- Nuclear Industry Association
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 15
Funding band maximum: £27,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.