Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the engineering sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the non-destructive testing engineering technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for a non-destructive testing engineering technician was developed by:
- GB Inspection Systems
- Tata Steel
- E.ON Technologies
- NFW NDT
- RWE Generation UK
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- Lavender International NDT
- Argyll-Ruane Ltd
- Doosan Babcock Ltd
- Aegleteq Ltd
- EDF Energy
- Ultramag Inspection Services Ltd
- National Grid
- NDT Ltd (Sheffield)
- Applus RTD UK Ltd
- Oceaneering International Services
- The National Skills Academy (nuclear)
- University of Northampton
- Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- The British Institute of NDT
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 12
Funding band maximum: £18,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.