Apprenticeship standard: metrology technician
Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the metrology sector.
PDF, 113KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is not yet ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the metrology technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: email@example.com.
The standard for a metrology technician was developed by:
- BAESYSTEMS Submarines
- British Measurement and Testing Association
- BSI Group
- CoMech Metrology Ltd
- Coventry University
- Dupont Teijin Polyester Films UK Ltd
- Gauge and Tool Makers Association
- Hexagon Metrology
- Institute of Measurement and Control
- Institute of Physics
- Jaguar Land Rover
- LGC Group
- London Borough of Havering
- Manufacturing Technologies Association (MTA)
- Manufacturing Technology Centre
- National Measurement and Regulation Office
- National Physical Laboratory
- Physical Digital Limited
- Reliance Precision Ltd
- Rhopoint Metrology Ltd
- Rolls-Royce Plc
- Science Council
- SGS Emics
- Taylor Hobson Ltd
- TUV SUD (NEL)
- University College London
- Waters Corporation