Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the energy and utilities sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the maintenance & operations engineering technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: Clive.email@example.com.
The standard for a maintenance & operations engineering technician was developed by:
- AMEC Foster Wheeler
- Beck & Pollitzer Engineering Limited
- Cavendish Nuclear
- Centrica Energy
- Cofley Fabrication
- Cordell Group
- EDF Energy
- Engenda Group
- Horizon Nuclear Power
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Shepley Engineers Limited
- Specialised Management Services
- Springfields Fuels Limited
- Scottish and Southern Energy
- Vogal Group
- Wisbeach Electrical Ltd
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 15
Funding band maximum: £27,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.