Apprenticeship standard: large goods vehicle (LGV) driver (approved for delivery)
Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the logistics and supply chain sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the supply chain operator standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: Colin.Snape@nagel-langdons.co.uk/EmmaJewitt@ncfe.org.uk.
The standard for a supply chain operator was developed by:
- Nagel Langdons Ltd, Wincanton
- TNT UK
- Kuehne + Nagel
- Action Express
- John Lewis
- SJ Bargh
- Euro Group International Movers
- D.Sulley & Son
- JT Sons Relocations
- Pickford Business Solutions
- Simpson’s Removals Storage
- Anchor Company Moves
- XPO Logistics
- Blue Arrow
- Office Depot
- Fox Moving Storage
- GB Liners
- White Company
- Doree Bonner
- Lamberts Removals
- The British Association of Removers
- HM Armed Forces
- The Road Haulage Association
- The Freight Transport Association
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport
- United Kingdom Warehousing Association
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 7
Funding band maximum: £5,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.