Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the life & industrial sciences sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the science industry maintenance technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: email@example.com.
The standard for a laboratory scientist was developed by:
- Aesica Pharmaceuticals
- Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies
- Lotte Chemical UK
- Pfizer Inc
- SABIC UK Petrochemicals
- Broughton Laboratories
- Centre for Process Innovation
- Royal Society of chemistry
- Society of Biology
- CPI (Centre for Process Innovation)
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 15
Funding band maximum: £27,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.