Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the insurance sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the insurance practitioner standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact email@example.com.
The standard for an insurance practitioner was developed by:
- Barbican Insurance Group
- Bluefin Group
- Association of British Insurers (ABI)
- British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 9
Funding band maximum: £9,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.