Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the electrotechnical sector.
These documents are relevant to:
- those looking to apply for an apprenticeship
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
This standard is ready to use.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks, and will be clear and concise. From 2017 to 2018 as many apprenticeship starts as possible will be on the new standards.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the installation electrician/maintenance electrician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: Carolyn.Mason@eca.co.uk.
The standard for a installation electrician/maintenance electrician was developed by:
- Institution of Englineering and Technology
- Balfour Beatty
- Barlows Electrical
- Daly Limited
- Darke & Taylor Ltd
- Joint Industry Board for the Electrical Contracting Industry
- National Grid
- UPM Shotton Paper
- SJD Assocatiates Ltd
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band (6 = highest 1 = lowest): 6
Maximum core government contribution: £18,000
Read the funding rules for apprenticeship standards for further information.