Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is not yet ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the improvement practitioner standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: email@example.com.
The standard for an improvement practitioner was developed by:
- BT Group Plc
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd
- Capella Associates
- Chartered Quality Institute
- International Automotive Components Group Ltd
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd
- SAIC Motor UK Technical Centre Ltd
- Capella Associates Ltd
- Wincanton Plc
- GLAS Business Solutions Ltd
- National Skills Academy for Food & Drink
- Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd
- 2 Sisters Food Group
- Ricoh Europe Plc
- TUI Group Plc
- Gleeds Management Services Ltd
- Royal Mail Group Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- nuvia Limited
- Bee Lighting Ltd
- Clevedon Fasteners Ltd
- Stadco Ltd
- Kraft Heinz Company
- British Standards Institution
- Morson International Ltd
- Testlink Services Ltd
- Rolls-Royce Controls and Data Services Ltd
- Leonardo – Helicopter division