Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the hospitality sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is not yet ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a hospitality manager was developed by:
- Hilton Worldwide
- Mitchells and Butler
- The Spirit Pub Company
- Compass Group UK&I
- McDonald’s UK
- Hospitality SME consortium led by the Lancaster London
- Red Carnation Hotels
- Frederic Robinson
- Barchester Healthcare
- KFC UK
- Greene King
- Institute of Hospitality
- Royal Academy of Culinary Arts
- British Institute of Innkeeping
- British Beer & Pub Association
- People 1st
- Brend Hotels