Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Apprenticeship standard: highway electrician / service operative (approved for delivery)
Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the construction sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the highway electrician / service operative standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contacts: email@example.com.
The standard for a highway electrician / service operative was developed by:
- Balfour Beatty
- AK Lighting & Signs
- Anderson & Heeley Ltd
- Bouygues Energies & Services
- Cable Test Limited
- CG Group Ltd
- Connect Plus
- Electrical Testing
- G M Briton (Public Works) Ltd
- Herefordshire Council
- Highway Electrical Association
- Kenniford Tarmacadam Ltd,
- SSE Contracting
- South West Highways Ltd
- Civil Engineering Contractors Association
- Chartered Management Institute
- The Institution of Engineering & Technology and Herefordshire Council
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 9
Funding band maximum: £9,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.