Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Apprenticeship standard: golf greenkeeper (approved for delivery)
Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the golf greenkeeping (horticulture) sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a golf greenkeeper was developed by:
- Cold Ashby Golf Club
- Roehampton Club
- Basildon Golf Club
- MacDonald Portal Hotel
- Bearwood Lakes Golf Club
- Worplesdon Golf Club
- Royal Liverpool Golf Club
- Stock Brook Golf Club
- England Golf
- British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA)
- Greenkeepers Training Committee (GTC)
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 8
Funding band maximum: £6,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.