Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the golf greenkeeping (horticulture) sector.
This document is relevant to:
- those looking to apply for an apprenticeship
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
This standard is ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks, and will be clear and concise. From 2017 to 2018 as many apprenticeship starts as possible will be on the new standards.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a golf greenkeeper was developed by:
- Cold Ashby Golf Club
- Roehampton Club
- Basildon Golf Club
- MacDonald Portal Hotel
- Bearwood Lakes Golf Club
- Worplesdon Golf Club
- Royal Liverpool Golf Club
- Stock Brook Golf Club
- England Golf
- British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA)
- Greenkeepers Training Committee (GTC)
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band (6 = highest 1 = lowest): 3
Maximum core government contribution: £6,000
Read the funding rules for apprenticeship standards for further information.