Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the horticulture and landscape sector.
This document is relevant to:
- those looking to apply for an apprenticeship
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
This standard is not yet ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks, and will be clear and concise. From 2017 to 2018 as many apprenticeship starts as possible will be on the new standards.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a forest operative was developed by:
- Acorn Environmental Management Group
- Duchy of Cornwall
- Forest Enterprise
- Forestry Commission England
- Fountains Forestry & Utilities
- Institute of Chartered Foresters
- Lockhart Garratt
- Royal Forestry Society
- Say it with wood
- Tilhill Forestry