Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the engineering, design & draughting sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the public sector commercial professional, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: Philip.Davies@woodplc.com.
The standard for a engineering design & draughtsperson was developed by:
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- Sellafield Limited
- Doosan Babcock
- The TDS Academy
- William Hare Limited
- Engineering and Construction Training Board
- National Skills Academy for Nuclear
- Broxap Limited
- Cavendish Limited
- European Roofing Systems Limited
- Balfour Beatty
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- Institution of Engineering Designers
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 15
Funding band maximum: £27,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.