Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the early years sector.
This document is relevant to:
- those looking to apply for an apprenticeship
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
This standard is not yet ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks, and will be clear and concise. From 2017 to 2018 as many apprenticeship starts as possible will be on the new standards.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the early years educator standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the Trailblazer contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for a early years educator was developed by:
- The Hadland Group (including Tops Day Nurseries)
- Pre-School Learning Alliance
- National Day Nursery Association
- Puffins of Exeter
- Sheffield Children’s Centre
- Busy Bees Nurseries
- Blois Meadow Day Nursery
- Bertram Day Nurseries
- Bright Horizons
- Jancett Childcare