Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the energy & utilities sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the dual fuel smart meter installer standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: email@example.com or Jacqueline.Hall@euskills.co.uk.
The standard for a dual fuel smart meter installer was developed by:
- British Gas
- Lowri Beck
- Morrison Utility Services
- Scottish Power
- Association of Meter Operators
- Energy & Utility Skills Council
- Institution of Gas Engineers & Managers
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 10
Funding band maximum: £12,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.