Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the dental health sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a dental nurse was developed by:
- Genix Healthcare
- 211 Dental
- 543 Dental Care Centre Ltd
- Azam & Associates Healthcare Ltd
- Bupa Dental Services
- Den Dental Group Practices Ltd
- Integrated Dental Holdings
- Oasis Healthcare Ltd
- Rodericks Dental
- Smile Care Group
- Acodent Dental Laboratory
- Aesthetic Dental Laboratory
- Bremandent Premier (Bristol) Ltd
- CosTech Elite
- Knight Dental Design
- Optimum Dental Laboratories
- PDS Dental Laboratory
- A S Harrison Lab Ltd
- S4S (UK) Ltd
- Sparkle Dental Labs
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 9
Funding band maximum: £9,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.