Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Apprenticeship standard: commis chef (approved for delivery)
Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the hospitality sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a commis chef was developed by:
- Hilton Worldwide
- Mitchells and Butler
- The Spirit Pub Company
- Compass Group UK&I
- McDonald’s UK
- Hospitality SME consortium led by the Lancaster London
- Red Carnation Hotels
- Frederic Robinson
- Barchester Healthcare
- KFC UK
- Greene King
- Institute of Hospitality
- Royal Academy of Culinary Arts
- British Institute of Innkeeping
- British Beer & Pub Association
- People 1st
- Brend Hotels
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band (6 = highest 1 = lowest): 3
Maximum core government contribution: £6,000
Read the funding rules for apprenticeship standards for further information.