Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the butchery sector.
This document is relevant to:
- those looking to apply for an apprenticeship
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
This standard is ready to use.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks, and will be clear and concise. From 2017 to 2018 as many apprenticeship starts as possible will be on the new standards.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the butcher standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the Trailblazer contact: email@example.com.
The standard for a butcher was developed by:
- Aubrey Allen
- Bernard Matthews
- Fairfax Meadow
- J. W. Mettrick and Sons Ltd
- John Taylor and Son Ltd
- Tulip and Walter Smith Fine Foods
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band (6 = highest 1 = lowest): 3
Maximum core government contribution: £6,000
Read the funding rules for apprenticeship standards for further information.