Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the business sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the business administrator standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: email@example.com.
The standard for a business administrator was developed by:
- Grant Thornton UK LLP
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Peter Jones Foundation
- MBDA Missiles
- Surrey County Council
- London Borough of Islington
- London Borough of Enfield
- Total Security Services
- Skills CFA
- ESOS Ltd
- Ceridian UK & Ireland
- Northgate Arinso
- JJBA Ltd
- Bradley & Co Ltd
- Prohire Software Systems Ltd
- Business Resource & Innovation Network International Ltd
- Moorhouse Accounting & Consultancy Services Ltd
- Vicki King Bookkeeping Services
- Fresh Financials
- Iwona Accountancy Services Ltd
- Boots UK
- Osborne Property Services
- Carillion PLC
- Bpi Recycled Products
- Great Guns Marketing
- Berkley Group PLC
- British Council
- Capita Group
- Accelerator Solutions Ltd
- Northern PowerGrid
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Institute of Customer Service
- Scottish Water
- Enfield Council
- Royal Navy/Babcock
- Thames Valley Police
- Army Personnel Services Group
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 7
Funding band maximum: £5,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.