Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the building services engineering sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the building services engineering ductwork installer standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for a building services engineering ductwork installer was developed by:
- Priddy Engineering Services Ltd
- Aura Construction Ltd
- Crown House Technologies
- Shepherd Engineering Services Ltd
- C Caswell Engineering Services Ltd
- Briggs & Forrester Engineering Services Ltd
- N G Bailey Ltd
- Gowing & Hunt Ltd
- Overclean Ltd
- Skanska Rashleigh
- Weatherfoil Ltd
- Imtech UK Ltd
- Bouygues E&S FM UK Ltd
- BilfingerEuropa FM Ltd
- Independent Air Quality Consultancy Services Ltd
- Jordan Environmental Ltd
- TRS Ltd
- Skanska Rashleigh Weatherfoil Ltd
- Hotchkiss Ltd
- Ductwork Design & Installation Ltd
- Roperhurst Ltd
- E Poppleton & Son Ltd
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 11
Funding band maximum: £15,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.