Describes the job role an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the building services engineering sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a building services engineering craftsperson was developed by:
- Priddy Engineering Services Ltd
- Overclean Ltd
- N G Bailey Ltd
- Delron Services Ltd
- Gowing & Hunt Ltd
- Rashleigh Weatherfoil Ltd
- Crown House Technologies
- Briggs & Forrester Engineering Services Ltd
- C Caswell Engineering Services Ltd
- Imtech UK Ltd
- Aura Construction Ltd
- Shepherd Engineering Services Ltd
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 12
Funding band maximum: £18,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.