Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the ambulance services sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the associate ambulance practitioner standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contacts: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for an associate ambulance practitioner was developed by:
- East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Isle of Wight Healthcare NHS PCT Trust
- London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 11
Funding band maximum: £15,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.