Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the horticulture and landscape sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for an arborist was developed by:
- Arboriculture Association
- Bartlett Tree Experts
- Beechwood Trees
- Glendale Countryside
- Ian Trueman Specialist Tree Services
- Ringrose Tree Services
- Tree Maintenance
- Oakdale NE Ltd
- TreeWorks (West Wales) Ltd
- Central Tree Services Ltd
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 11
Funding band maximum: £15,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.