Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the aviation sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the airside operator standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: Mike.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for an airside operator was developed by:
- British Airways
- Birmingham Airport
- Bristol Airport
- Coventry Airport Ltd
- dnata UK
- Exeter International Airport
- Gatwick Airport
- George Best Belfast City Airport
- Heathrow Airport Ltd
- Leeds Bradford International Airport
- London City Airport
- London Gatwick Airport
- London Southend Airport
- Newcastle International Airport
- Norwich International Airport
- Southampton International Airport
- Stobart Air
- Swissport Ltd
- Royal Air Force
- Royal Navy
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 4
Funding band maximum: £3,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.