Application for a State Pension forecast on divorce or dissolution

Form for both parties of a divorce or dissolution to complete to enable the court to decide on any additional State Pension to be shared.



If you get divorced or dissolve your civil partnership, the court is allowed to consider your additional State Pension as a financial asset, which can be shared in a financial settlement through the making of a pension sharing order.

This means that part of the value of any additional State Pension you have earned could be shared with a former husband, wife or civil partner.

Additional State Pension is an amount you may be entitled to in addition to your basic State Pension.

Fill in form BR20 to get a lump sum valuation and help the court make a decision.