Appeal a Special Educational Needs Tribunal decision (UT4)

How to appeal to the Upper Tribunal Administrative Appeals Chamber against a Special Educational Needs decision (Health, Education and Social Care Chamber).


Appealing to the Administrative Appeals Chamber of the Upper Tribunal from the First-tier Tribunal Special Educational Needs and Disability Discrimination in schools

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


You need to fill in Form UT4 to appeal a First-tier Tribunal decision.

You might need to request permission to appeal, or the First-tier Tribunal might already have given permission.

Find Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber) forms.

Updates to this page

Published 3 April 2014

Sign up for emails or print this page