Appeal a Mental Health First-tier Tribunal decision (UT3)

How to appeal to the Upper Tribunal Administrative Appeals Chamber against a Mental Health Tribunal decision (Health, Education and Social Care Chamber).


Appealing to the Administrative Appeals Chamber of the Upper Tribunal from the First-tier Tribunal Mental Health decisions

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


You need to fill in Form UT3 to appeal a First-tier Tribunal decision.

You might need to request permission to appeal, or the First-tier Tribunal might already have given permission.

Find Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber) forms.

Published 3 July 2008