This consultation has now closed.
Following feedback from partners, the deadline for responses was extended until 17 May 2011.
Public and partners are invited to comment online on the propositions in this consultation, which intends to reform the toolkit to tackle antisocial behaviour.
About the consultation
This consultation asks for your opinions on government plans to streamline the toolkit used to tackle antisocial behaviour, so that the police and partners have faster, more flexible tools. These, plus more effective sanctions, will help professionals and, where necessary the courts, stop antisocial behaviour earlier, and better protect victims and communities.
The proposals include:
- repealing the ASBO and other court orders and replacing them with two new tools that bring together restrictions on future behaviour and support to address underlying problems
- ensuring there are powerful incentives on perpetrators to stop behaving antisocially
- bringing together many of the existing tools for dealing with place-specific antisocial behaviour
- bringing together existing police dispersal powers for antisocial behaviour into a single police power
- making the informal and out-of-court tools for dealing with antisocial behaviour more rehabilitative and restorative
- introducing a Community Trigger that gives victims and communities the right to require agencies to deal with persistent antisocial behaviour.
We’re interested in what you think the implications of implementing the proposals will be and in your views on the detailed aspects of how the new tools should work.
Members of the public - tell us what you think about the new plans by filling in our public online form. If you are unable to use the online form, you can view the questions as a PDF.
Partners and stakeholders - use our partners online form to submit your comments.
Or, if you prefer, you can read the full consultation document available below in text and PDF format, and respond via email or post.
You can also download and read the PDF versions of the consultation.
Intended audience: Members of the public, and partners and practitioners
Reference number: n/a
Issued: 07 Feb 2011
Opening date: 07 Feb 2011
Closing date: 17 May 2011
How to respond
Members of the public have your say online
Partners or stakeholders have your say online
Please send your response to…
Anti-social behaviour unit
Home Office 4th floor Fry building,
2 Marsham Street