If you’re a representative of a business wishing to register for the Duty Stamps Scheme, you can either:
- use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
- print off the postal form, fill it in and send to HMRC
The notes describe what disqualifies businesses from registering for the Duty Stamps Scheme.
Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Before you start
- your VAT registration number, if you have one
- Company Registration Number
- the date of incorporation
- your SEED excise registration number, this is a 13 character reference number, you’ll find it on your approval letter
- your partner details, if the business is a partnership, including name, address, contact telephone number, date of birth, and HMRC reference number
- the business name and address of the authorised business if you’re authorising another business to incorporate duty stamps into labels on your behalf
- the business name and address of the overseas principal, if you intend to act as a duty stamps representative on behalf of an overseas principal
- details of when you were notified about each penalty, the amount of the penalty, and the reason you were liable if you’ve been notified of an assessment to a civil penalty in the last 5 years
- details of when the item was seized and the reason for the seizure if you had anything that was in your custody or under your control seized in the last 5 years