This guidance has been prepared to assist the police, fire and other emergency services, and those involved in airfield operations and contingency planning.
- the role of the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB)
AAIB’s obligation to investigate an aircraft accident or serious incident
- the legal powers of an Inspector of Air Accidents
AAIB inspector’s authority to impound an aircraft
- the relationship between judicial inquiries and AAIB investigations
- liaison between AAIB and police inquiries
- what a reportable aircraft accident is
- responsibilities for reporting an aircraft accident
Report an aviation accident or serious incident.