How the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) investigates aircraft accident and serious incidents.
This guidance has been prepared to assist the police, fire and other emergency services, and those involved in airfield operations and contingency planning.
- the role of the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB)
- AAIB’s obligation to investigate an aircraft accident or serious incident
- AAIB’s authority
- the legal powers of an Inspector of Air Accidents
- AAIB inspector’s authority to impound an aircraft
- the relationship between judicial inquiries and AAIB investigations
- liaison between AAIB and police inquiries
- what a reportable aircraft accident is
- responsibilities for reporting an aircraft accident