These materials aim to support schools working with newly arrived isolated learners of English as an additional language.
This publication provides some practical ideas, examples of supportive practice and links to useful websites.
- providing a welcoming environment
- supporting children learning English as an additional language
- establishing and maintaining an inclusive and welcoming ethos and curriculum across the whole school
- establishing and maintaining strong links with parents and carers and communities
- further resources for teachers