Agri-tech in the UK: investment opportunities
- Department for International Trade
- Part of:
- Agricultural technologies (agri-tech) strategy, Business investment in the UK: Guidance for overseas businesses, and Exports and inward investment
- 10 April 2014
- Last updated:
- 16 March 2016, see all updates
Science and technology is helping to change the agriculture industry. Find out what the opportunities are for companies and investors.
The UK has traditionally been a leader in agricultural science and is developing new approaches to food and farming systems through agricultural research.
This guide covers:
- why invest in UK agri-tech
- strengths of the UK agri-tech sector
- government help, including the Agri-Tech Investment Organisation
- investment locations
- why overseas companies locate in the UK
- contacting the Department for International Trade (DIT) for help
Published: 10 April 2014
Updated: 16 March 2016
- Updated 2016 guide.
- First published.