- Department for Education
- Part of:
- Performance tables: technical and vocational qualifications
- 18 December 2015
- Last updated:
- 29 March 2017, see all updates
- Applies to:
Technical and vocational qualifications for teaching from September 2016 and reporting in 2018 performance tables.
Ref: DFE-00308-2015 PDF, 398KB, 12 pages
Ref: DFE-00003-2016 PDF, 645KB, 20 pages
Ref: DFE-00017-2016 PDF, 704KB, 21 pages
Ref: DFE-00018-2016 PDF, 432KB, 16 pages
Lists of qualifications for reporting in the 2018 performance tables in the following categories:
- technical awards
- technical certificates
- tech levels
- applied general qualifications
You can find more information on the performance tables website.
Technical awards are practical qualifications for students aged 14 to 16.
Technical certificates, tech levels, and applied general qualifications are technical and applied qualifications for students aged 16 to 19.
Published: 18 December 2015
Updated: 29 March 2017
- Removed ECDL qualification from the list of technical awards.
- Updated the guided learning hours for some Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) qualifications. Amended some qualification titles to reflect updates on Ofqual’s Register of Regulated Qualifications.
- Added 10 qualifications to the tech level document. Made minor formatting changes to the documents for technical awards, technical certificates and applied general qualifications, but did not add or remove qualifications.
- Updated lists with approved qualifications.
- Updated the lists of tech levels and applied general qualifications.
- Added lists of tech levels and applied general qualifications for reporting in 2018 performance tables.
- Added '2018 16 to 19 performance tables: qualifications in the technical certificate category' document.
- Updated list of qualifications.
- First published.