2010 to 2015 government policy: teaching and school leadership
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is giving schools a greater role in training and developing teachers and leaders and reforming their pay and performance.
Published: 22 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated the 'background' section to include a link to the new headteachers' standards. Also updated the 'impact' section.
- Added information about our work with the Talented Leaders, Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders charities.
- Added information about the university training school (UTS) trials opening in September 2015.
- Updated the 'actions' section and added evidence of the impact our reforms have had on the teaching profession.
- Updated the 'who we've consulted' section and included details of the consultation on New Fair Deal pension changes and proposals to increase member contributions, which launched on 12 November 2013.
- First published.