2010 to 2015 government policy: building regulation
- Department for Communities and Local Government, Building Regulations Advisory Committee, The Rt Hon Sir Eric Pickles, and Stephen Williams
- Part of:
- Building regulation
- 7 November 2012
- Last updated:
- 8 May 2015, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England (see publications for Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales)
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Ensuring that building regulations are fair, efficient, up to date, safe and effective.
PDF, 87.9KB, 4 pages
PDF, 77.7KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Published: 7 November 2012
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Added links to new Approved Document M ( access to and use of buildings) Volume 1 and Volume 2 and Approved Document Q: Security.
- Updating content for announcement of final Housing Standards Review Package
- Detail added: Housing standards review: background
- Added text and links to the housing standards review consultation and written ministerial statement published 12 September 2014.
- Added link to the application form inviting organisations who wish to operate new or extended competent person schemes or air tightness testing schemes.
- Added text and link to third party certification scheme
- Amended text on housing standards review and added links to written ministerial statement and government response to report on code for sustainable homes and housing standards review. Add link in legislation section to Statutory instrument (SI 2014/579) and circular 01/2014.
- under consultation heading. Amended last sentence to highlight the analysis of the Housing Standards Review consultation responses currently taking place. Updated Building Control System webpage by adding text relating to applications for third party certifications relating to Part P.
- Added information about the housing standards review consultation
- updated legislation section by including a link to the The Building Regulations (Amendment) Regulations 2013 (SI 2013/1105) and Circular 01/2013.
- Added information about current application round for compentent person schemes (on 'Building control system' supporting detail page).
- Added link under legislation sub heading to The Building Regulations etc (Amendment) Regulations 2013 (SI 2013/181)
- Updated page in relation to the summary of responses document relating to the 2012 building regulations consultation, the review on building regulations framework and voluntary housing standards and amendment building regulations legislation.
- Added competent person schemes conditions of authorisation and list of applications documents.
- Added links to consultation documents.
- Added terms of reference for the review of building regulations and housing standards.
- First published.