A user guide and technical annex to support the June 2017 release of 16 to 18 FE data and management information.
Local authorities (LAs) can now access the June 2017 release of 16 to 18 FE data and management information (MI) pivot tables on the Education and Skills Funding Agency’s (ESFA) Information Exchange, at the following folder location: Revenue Funding > AY 2016-17. The purpose of the release is to update LAs’ overview of provision. It should be noted that the data provided is not real time/live data as we do not collect this.
This release includes part year (R06) FE data which has been collected about delivery in the 2016 to 2017 academic year for ESFA funded provision for 16 to 18 year olds. We have incorporated changes which have taken place since the December 2016 release. These include:
- institution reorganisation (renaming, merging etc)
- schools collections have been updated to capture any institutions that may have changed UPIN or institution name as a result of a merger or academy converter
There is also the addition of 2 new fields - ‘Education Health Care Plan’ and ‘High Needs’. As part of the June 2017 release, we added data on the English and maths condition of funding which was applicable from the academic year 2014 to 2015. This is also included for the June 2017 release. Each LA will receive:
- a 16 to 18 Data and MI PDF report for each of the following: Further Education Colleges; Commercial and Charitable Providers and; Higher Education Institutions that receive funding from the ESFA
- ILR data for FE and schools census data for learner responsive provision
- a separate ESFA funded pivot table for the LA. This contains more data than the PDF reports and enables the LA to conduct further analysis for their area
To accompany this release (in addition to the User Guide) there is a demonstration to help LAs make best use of the data provided in the pivot tables.
16 to 19 providers (non-academy)
Contact form https://form.education...
For local authorities, schools, colleges and other (non-academy) providers contacting the Education Funding Agency.
Published: 30 June 2014
Updated: 18 July 2017
- Page updated to support the June 2017 release of 16 to 18 FE data and management information.
- Information has been updated for the December 2016 release of 16 to 18 FE data and management information (MI)
- Information has been updated for June 2016 release of 16 to 18 FE data and management information (MI) pivot tables on the Education Funding Agency (EFA) Information Exchange
- latest Data and MI information updated
- Demonstration video uploaded to help LAs make best use of the data provided in the pivot tables
- June 2015 release of 16 to 18 FE data and management information added
- Updated information added December 2014
- First published.