Professor Yvonne Doyle joined PHE in December 2012.
- Director of Public Health for NHS South of England alongside a secondment to DH since 2010 in support of setting up PHE
- national lead at DH on excess winter deaths
- advised the World Economic Forum, the EU and the World Bank on aspects of successful aging
- technical adviser to the WHO on European Healthy Cities
- visiting professor at the University of Surrey
Regional Director, London
Regional directors ensure the quality, responsiveness and consistency of the services PHE centres provide.
They have an assurance role for emergency planning and response and are responsible for workforce development across the wider public health system.